RocketShipIt connects to the various shipping carrier APIs behind the scenes. Below is some information on some of these:
See also: carrier-authentication
Developer site: https://www.ups.com/upsdeveloperkit
- The UPS Developer Kit APIs are updated in January and July each year.
- Changelog - https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/technology-integration/olt/anc.page
- UPS no longer requires certification to create production shipping labels.
- Your UPS Access Key is the same for dev/test and production
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the UPS developer support email
- Although UPS supports JSON, it is an afterthought and not a first-class citizen. We (unfortunately) recommend integrating with XML/SOAP.
(All API URIs are case sensitive)
Quantum View and Locator have a different base URL:
- https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/QVEvents (test)
- https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/QVEvents (production)
- Address Validation - City, State, ZIP Verify the city, state, and ZIP or postal code information is valid.
- Address Validation - Street Level Verify the street address, city, state, and ZIP or postal code information is valid.
- Dangerous Goods - Validate Air, Ground, and International Dangerous Goods (hazardous materials) shipments are acceptable to UPS.
- Locator - Global - Find a UPS location or The UPS Store nearest to you.
- Pickup - Request a pickup for you or for one of your customers.
- Pre-Notification - Notify UPS of Dangerous Goods shipments after shipment processing.
- Rating - Compare delivery services and shipping rates to determine the best option for your customers.
- Shipping - Validate addresses, compare rates, and print labels for your internal business processes.
- Time in Transit - Compare shipping transit times of UPS services.
- Quantum View - Stream Quantum View Data via XML over the Web and into internal applications.
- Tracking - Provide accurate package status information to your customers.
- Tracking - UPS Signature Tracking Automate Proof of Delivery for your shipments.
- Paperless Documents - Upload document images and link to your international shipments.
- UPS TradeAbility - Generate cost estimates for duties, taxes, and transportation for international shipments; locate compliance and licensing information, and identify restricted trading parties.
Developer site: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- Changelog - http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/announcements.html
- Support email: email@example.com
- "Can I ship multiple packages with a single request?" No. Each package requires a ship transaction. However you are able to tie packages together with a master tracking number
- Phone support: 1.877.339.2774 (When prompted, please say "FedEx Web Services.")
- Service Availability
- Validate Postal Codes
- Signature Proof of Delivery
- Search Locations
- Create Shipment
- Shipment Validation
- Return Tag
- Cancel Return Tag
- ETD/Upload Service
- Cancel Pickup
- Pickup Availability
- Express Tag Availability
- SmartPost Close
- Close Shipment (Ground Only)
- Reprint Close Report
- Create Email Label
- Cancel Email Label
- Add Packages
- Delete Packages
- Create Open Shipment
- Delete Open Shipment
- Modify Open Shipment
- Validate Open Shipment
- Confirm Open Shipment
- Retrieve Open Shipment
- Upload Dangerous Goods Commodity Data (DGDS)
- Retrieve Dangerous Goods Shipments (DGLD)
- Address Validation
- In-Flight Shipment Service
Developer site: https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/welcome.htm
- "We do not currently offer the ability to pay for postage directly to USPS through Web Tools APIs." You must use Stamps.com or other provider to create postage paid labels.
- USPS does offer postage paid labels through eVS and ePostage which RocketShipIt fully supports but there are volume requirements.
- Permissions for creating shipping labels without postage are added separately. To get permission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Web Tools API Access" in the subject line.
- Changelog: https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/welcome.htm
- Address Validation/Standardization
- City and State Lookup
- Zip Code Lookup
Tracking & Delivery Information APIs
- Tracking by Email
- Proof of Delivery
- Restore Archived Tracking
- Return Receipt Electronic
Price Calculator APIs
- Domestic Price Calculator
- International Price Calculator
Shipping Label APIs: Domestic
- Domestic Shipping Labels (Priority Mail, Standard Post, First Class Package Service)
- Priority Mail Express Labels
- eVS Labels
- Hold For Pickup Labels
- Merchandise Return Service Labels
- Merchandise Return Service Bulk Labels
- Open and Distribute™ Labels
- Scan Form
Shipping Label APIs: International
- Priority Mail Express International
- Priority Mail International
- First-Class Mail International and First-Class Package International Service
- eVS International Labels API
Package Pickup APIs
- Check pickup availability
- Schedule a pickup
- Cancel a pickup request
- Update a pickup request
Service Standards & Commitments APIs
- Domestic Mail Service Standards
- Service Delivery Calculator
Developer site: https://xmlportal.dhl.com/login
Developer site: https://www.ontrac.com/onlineShipAPI.asp
Developer site: https://eship.purolator.com/site/en/default.aspx
Developer site: https://developer.stamps.com/
Golden State Overnight
Developer site: https://www.gls-us.com/solutions/technology