Why am I getting different rates from the rates returned on UPS.com/FedEx.com?
This is a common question and can usually be resolved quickly with a little bit of troubleshooting. It is important to note that RocketShipIt returns rates directly from the shipping carriers unmodified. This means it is impossible for RocketShipIt to return an inaccurate rate. Troubleshooting efforts should focus on what is being sent to the carrier in your request as there are many factors that can change rates.
- Make sure you are using production mode (set the
false) as development servers are not guaranteed to produce accurate rates.
- When comparing rates you need to make sure you are providing the exact same shipment parameters. For example, one parameter that can change the price dramatically is
- Check the
- Are you requesting negotiated rates or retail rates?
- Are you logged into ups.com/fedex.com? When you log into UPS.com you are most likely going to get a negotiated rate (See Negotiated Rates) instead of a retail rate.
Valid values (UPS):
- 00 - Rates Associated with Shipper Number
- 01 - Daily Rates
- 04 - Retail Rates
- 05 - Regional Rates
- 06 - General List Rates
- 53 - Standard List Rates Length is not validated. If customer classification code is not a valid value please refer to Rate Types Table on page 11.
The following table displays the Rate Chart that is returned by the Rating API based on the combination of
|Customer Classification||Pickup Type||Account Number||Rate Returned|
|00||Valid /Invalid||Valid||Rate associated with account number|
|00||Valid /Invalid||Missing/Invalid||Rate Type based on the shipper's country or territory|
|01||Valid /Invalid||Valid/Missing/Invalid||Daily Rates|
|04||Valid /Invalid||Valid/Missing/Invalid||Retail Rates|
|53||Valid /Invalid||Valid/Missing/Invalid||Standard List Rates|
|Missing||03/06/07/19/20||Valid/Missing/Invalid||Rate Type based on the shipper's country or territory|
|Missing||Invalid||Valid||Rate associated with account number|
|Missing||Invalid||Container provided but account number Invalid/Missing||Rate Type based on the shipper's country or territory|
|Missing||Invalid||Not Provided||Rate Type based on the shipper's country or territory|